No matter how much you consider yourself a gypsy spirit, All My Sons’ movers know that you will always feel a strange pulling at your heart strings when you pack up and move to a new city. We know how important it is for people to have a home base where they feel completely comfortable, and they put a lot of work into creating that space. So naturally, when it is taken away from you because you are moving to Memphis, you will probably feel like a piece of you is missing.
We would like to share a few secrets we have learned along the way and hopefully you will use this guide when you decide that you are going to be moving Memphis:
1. Remind yourself of how courageous you are.
2. Don’t be afraid to be alone and embrace the solitude.
3. Get excited for new adventures and develop an insatiable appetite for undiscovered opportunities.
4. Take care of yourself. Don’t expect too much to come from your move at first; take time to build a nest and make it your sacred space.
5. Find beauty in the differences and don’t compare them to what you once knew.
6. Take solace and beauty in the small things surrounding you.
7. Allow yourself to grieve the loss of the life you had before moving to Memphis.
8. Maintain your relationships with people from your previous home.
9. Find time every day to do what you love and what inspires you.
10. Exude warmth and kindness to everyone you encounter and people will be drawn to you.
11. Don’t be afraid if it takes you time to adjust after moving to Memphis.
12. Get involved in the community.
13. Find all the beautiful places that Memphis has to offer.